Re: [ecasound] Garbage at end of playback: ecasound or alsa broken?

From: Knut Petersen <>
Date: Tue Aug 06 2013 - 22:40:41 EEST

On 02.08.2013 21:24, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> I'd like to roll out a 2.9.1 release soon, so let me if you have any
> issues with the current git master version.

"ecasound -t <n> ... " takes a bit longer than n seconds now. I Donīt think that needs a fix.

As I added stream synchronization to the rme96 driver, I would love to see
ecasound supporting that feature:

snd_pcm_sw_params_set_start_threshold (playback_handle, sw_params, periodsize*some_n)
snd_pcm_sw_params (playback_handle, sw_params)

snd_pcm_prepare (playback_handle)
snd_pcm_prepare (capture_handle)

start sync capture and playback by either writing start_threshold data to playback stream,
or explicit playback or capture start.