Re: [ecasound] Using Nama (was: Re: Nama build issues (was: Re: Interactive mode, cut &) paste)

From: Lars Bjørndal <lars@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 29 2012 - 01:21:36 EET

Hi Julien, and thank you very much for your valuable help!

You wrote:

> the fx-parameter of all Ecasound's -ksomething options, is the
> position of the parameter to change.
> -ea and -eadb only have one parameter (the volume), so it's 1 . If
> you had the LADPA Glame Lowpass filter with the Unique ID 1891 you
> have two parameters cutoff and stages (i.e. poles of the filter). If
> you watned to change the number of stages/poles, then you'd give 2
> for fx-parameter.

I installed all LADSPA plugins from the repository planetccrma now, so
yes, I have it.

> Good values. Experiment. 0DB is full volume. Question: do you want
> to raise the low part or lower the high part.

Want to rais the low part.

> Raise the low part,
> choose 0 and 6 (twice the volume in Db. Do the change between 26s
> and 30s, then your klg would look like this:
> afx eadb 0
> Added G volume

But before doing this, I already have a volume effect, according to
lfx:

"Effects on first: F (Pan) G (Volume)"

> acl G klg 1 6 0 3 0 0 26 0 30 1
> Meaning: modify fx-parameter 1 (the level). Start value 6 Db (high
> to raise the low bit), end value 0 Db (normal level). Then we have 3
> points. The first is 0s, where we have the starting value 0. We keep
> that until 26s (still 0, i.e. starting value), From there we
> linearly change to the end value (1 or 0Db, as written).

What does the digit 3 mean: "acl G klg 1 6 0 3" ..? Is it to tell
Ecasound that we have three points afterwords?

When I do mistakes, how can I "reset" so that I can start over again
whithout removing the whole project?

Thanks and regards,
Lars