Re: [ecasound] channel manipulation

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2012 - 19:05:08 EEST

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:23:09AM +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> ecasound -t 5 -f:s16_be,6,48000 \
> -a:1,2,3,4,5,6 -i TEST_1-2.aif \
> -a:1 -chmute:2 \
> -a:2 -chmute:1 \
> -a:3 -chmix:3 \
> -a:4 -chmix:4 \
> -a:5 -chmute:1 \
> -a:6 -chmute:2 \
> -a:5,6 -chmix:5 -chcopy:5,6 \
> -a:all -o test-out.wav
> +++
I've only skimmed this thread as it unfolded, but I must say I'm a bit
puzzled as to what exactly you are trying to achieve: could you explain?
Why do you keep mixing the signal with itself?

All this channel manipulation can obfuscate things somewhat; perhaps a
simple way to debug could be to employ a two step method where you send
each channel to a single wave file and then rejoin them in a 6-channel
file again. Once you get the expected result, you could just modify your
setup to do it in one go.

Got visibility?
Find out how fast your code is with AppDynamics Lite.;262219671;13503038;y?
Ecasound-list mailing list