Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.8.1+dev-20120527: Engine starts by itself

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 30 2012 - 07:55:30 EEST

On Mon, 28 May 2012, Joel Roth wrote:

> I haven't checked this against an old ecasound, but with
> Nama, we've recently noticed the transport starting by
> itself, without our issuing a start command.

thanks. The log looks fairly normal in that after engine-launch the
transport may automatically start if JACK transport state is rolling when

But I guess in your case, JACK transport is not rolling at this point?

While digging in to other reports, I found at least one corner case in the
conditional stop-start logic that is used to handle cop/ctrl additions
while enigne is running. I think it may restart transport although it was
stopped before the edit -> a bug.

Live Security Virtual Conference