Re: [ecasound] Loops and latency

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2012 - 09:53:58 EEST

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, S. Massy wrote:

>> ! each hop from a loop output to its input, causes an
>> ! additional delay of one engine iteration (equivalent to
> To its own input, yes, but what about to another object's input?

Joel is right, there's always the delay from loop output to its input.
This follows from the fixed routing logic: 1) read inputs, 2) process
chains, 3) write to outputs. So when we've reached (3) and wrote to a loop
object, it'll have to wait until next engine iteration to read it in phase
(1) again.