Re: [ecasound] Bug Report: Ecasound goes silent

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2012 - 21:20:08 EEST

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:42:49PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Hi,
> >Symptoms:
> >No more sound is heard, but the engine still seems to be running (clock
> >is moving, engine-status is "running", seems to obey transport
> >commands).
> thanks for the excellent bugreport! I managed to reproduce this with
> your test session, and am looking for the root cause. Upon initial
> look, this would seem to be an issue with the JACK callbacks. I also
> got one crash while ecasound called jack_port_get_latency_range().
> That is suspicous as the semantics of that call have changes a bit
> (since the related ecasound code was written).
Two more interesting facts:
- When the bug is triggered, the clock stops updating in real-time and
  instead seems to be refreshed every 4 or 5 seconds, jumping by that
  about that amount.
- Ocasionally, eeven jackd needs to be restarted in order for ecasound
  to work with jack again, suggesting some gremlins in the jack client
  code as you mention.

resolution app monitoring today. Free.
Ecasound-list mailing list