Re: [ecasound] Ecasound LV2 support ready

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 11 2011 - 12:29:19 EET

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Jeremy Salwen wrote:

> I've finished LV2 plugin support for ecasound! I am now able to use LV2
> effects and change their parameters from the ecasound command line. I've
> hosted the changes on github:

I've done a review of the code and I think it ready for merging! Do you
want to merge this patch, or do you still want to do some cleanup before
this hits mainline?

Couple of cleanup related comments:

- copyright missing frome new cpp files: audiofx_lv2_world.cpp
- you should add your own copyright to the files you've modified
- audiofx_lv2.cpp has a lot of references to LADSPA still, which
   should be cleaned away

One end-user catch is that one seems to need the latest SVN version of
liblilv to build ecasound with LV2 support.. I took the latest released
lilv version 0.5.0, and hit the same linkage errors with lilvmm.hpp
(uri_to_path()) that I think you hit already before. This is fixed in
liblilv SVN trunk, but not in any released liblilv yet. Just FYI for
anyone testing this out.

PS I put a snapshot with Jeremy's LV2 support included at:
    .. let me know if this works for you.

Learn Windows Azure Live! Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011
Learn more at
Ecasound-list mailing list