Re: [ecasound] What is the purpose of AUDIO_IO_DEVICE::io_mode == io_readwrite?

From: Lorenz Minder <lminder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 09:54:04 EEST

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your explanations, they are very much appreciated! The
message I take home from this is that is that devices (unlike file
backends) ought to not implement io_readwrite, since there is no proper

As a note aside, "r+" (with creation of a new file if no such already
exists) would be the better analogy below, since "w+" discards the
contents of the previous file, which apppears not to be what is intended