Re: [ecasound] Object latency mismatch

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2011 - 10:29:18 EEST

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, S. Massy wrote:

> When starting processing on a chainsetup, I get something like this:
> *excerpt*
> (eca-engine) Input latency for 'JACK interface' is 0.
> (eca-engine) Input latency for 'JACK interface' is 0.
> (eca-engine) Input latency for 'JACK interface' is 0.
> (eca-engine) Output latency for 'JACK interface' is 384.
> (eca-engine) WARNING: Latency mismatch between output objects!

ok this is interested and I'd like to get a bit more of the log (plus
description of the setup).

This warning is triggered if real-time outputs have different (reported)
latencies. Ecasound cannot do latency compensation for this case, and thus
the warning.

> Could this possibly be related to problems (ecasound going silent) when
> seeking with jack objects?

Probably not, but I'm interested to hear more about this as well (I don't
remember seeing problems about this type of problem before).

Storage Efficiency Calculator
This modeling tool is based on patent-pending intellectual property that
has been used successfully in hundreds of IBM storage optimization engage-
ments, worldwide. Store less, Store more with what you own, Move data to
the right place. Try It Now!
Ecasound-list mailing list