[ecasound] Opening a multichannel file with Pyeca

From: Andrea Capra <kepra78@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 12:07:21 EEST

I'm using with success ecasound for the playback of multichannel files but =

now I'm starting to write a simple python app.

Pyeca seems a perfect tool for my purpouse but when I try to open a multich=

annel file (32 channels) the file is recognized as a stereo file.

Here the simple commands I use:

e.command("cs-add play_chainsetup")

e.command("c-add 1st_chain")

e.command("ai-add" + path)

e.command("ao-add jack_auto,system")

Using ecasound by terminal I'm able to set the number of channels with the =

option "-f" but in this case I don't know how to set the right number of ch=

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andrea Capra

management toolset available today. Delivers lowest initial