[ecasound] Latency compensation

From: Luis Pablo Gasparotto <luispa8@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 20:41:48 EEST

Ecasound is one of the few multitrack applications which can do latency compensation and that's great. This is possible by using the -I and -O jackd parameters. However, it would be great to be able to do latency compensation when not using jackd, keep in mind most USB devices have their own hardware latency. I propose to add a line to ecasoundrc which could be "Latency compensation (in ms): nnn". This is a very easy to implement feature, you just need to cut the first nnn milliseconds of every recorded file. What do you think about it Kai?
Best regards,
Luis Pablo

management toolset available today. Delivers lowest initial