Re: [ecasound] Incomplete Playback

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2011 - 22:32:26 EET

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, dougf@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> I am having trouble with playback of .wav files recorded using
> ecasound.  They seem to be correctly recorded in that they will play
> completely in software such as mplayer.  However I cannot seem to get
> them to play in full either using the control interface via my program
> or indeed using ecosound in interactive mode.

I'm afraid you've hit this old issue:

There is some progress since then (there's now a proper end-of-stream
marker implemented), but the draining is still not implemented.

The (very) crude fix is to just lower the buffersize (-b) to make sure the
end is played out as well. -z:nointbuf will help as well (further reduces
device buffering).

But thanks for reminding, this is a stupid bug and should be fixed.

PS This doesn't impact JACK usage, only ALSA (but still an ecasound
    problem, so ALSA is not to blame)...