Re: [ecasound] lossless conversion broken?

From: Dan Muresan <danmbox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 23:22:00 EEST

>  This sounds strange, and I suppose shouldn't be. But why convert a
> .wav-file to a .wav-file, just for testing?

Mostly for peace of mind, yes, but there is a use case -- fixing the
WAV header in files recorded by jackrec or arecord; such tools store
zeros for the RIFF chunk-length fields, since they can't know in
advance when the user will stop recording (by pressing Ctrl-C.)

-- Dan

Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in U.S. and Canada