Re: [ecasound] Ecasound and jack (and chains)

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 06:06:07 EEST

Excerpts from linux media 4's message of 2010-08-17 23:48:26 +0200:
> I know there's c-bypass, but that just disables chain operators. I
> wonder if it would be a major project for Kai to write into the code the
> ability to block signal going to a chain. Or possibly implement some
> kind of internal variable that when a flag was set (possibly c-null)
> would internally exchange 'AudioFileOut.wav' with 'null' and back again
> when toggled.
> I have no clue if these ideas are even implementable. But it's an idea.
> Rocco

Yep, something that wouldn't write all null values but nothing to the
output would maybe allow some more uses for the chains. I did expect
c-mute or c-bypass to do something like that.

"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan
This email is sponsored by
Make an app they can't live without