Re: [ecasound] Nama/Ecasound (was: Re: ecasound and lua?)

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 11:32:29 EEST

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> Thanks, I had a look at that part of the man page. Most envelopes seem
> to be linear, which is fine in some cases but not others, however, that
> one generic linear envelope that lets you specify any number of points
> looks interesting after a quick glance.

btw, logarithmic envelopes is one age old todo-list item that really
should be added:

The generic envelopes (-klg) can be used as a backup measure, but a bit
too complicated if you just need log envelope.

Patches are welcome! ;)

In code, the basic linear envelope is implemented in:

>> Ecasound effect parameters (whether internal or LADSPA
>> plugin) can be controlled directly by a MIDI controller.
> Exactly what I had in mind. One downside however might be that MIDI CC
> is limited to 128 values. I'm not claiming it's not enough, I have no

Yep, that's a limitation. Although, MIDI does have extended controls for
CC (allowing for more precision), but that's another long-term todo-item
for ecasound (plus not supported by all MIDI gear):

One alternative is OSC, which ecasound has supported since 2.7.0.

And my old mails about it:

This email is sponsored by Sprint
Visit --

Ecasound-list mailing list