Re: [ecasound] Nama/Ecasound (was: Re: ecasound and lua?)

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 23:11:08 EEST

Excerpts from Joel Roth's message of 2010-07-14 11:37:01 +0200:
> After much experience, I would say it is easier to learn the
> correct Ecasound commands to create this rather than to
> write a script.
> However if you'd like to write a script, there are
> already interfaces for C, C++, Python, elisp and Ruby.
> And I forget, there is a Tcl/Tk front end for Ecasound,
> Tkeca, that might meet your needs. It looks pretty, too.
> Cheers,
> Joel
> --
> Joel Roth

Thanks for your insight Joel.
It's hotter than hell here at the moment, so it's hard to do anything.
I'm wondering about a few things.

A waveform view is a future feature for nama. So far I've seen only one
frontend that has anything like that. Is it especially hard to do with
I don't necessarily need it but especially in combination with
automation it would be a good thing to have.

Said automation is another thing I'm wondering about. Is there a way to
do proper automation? Via MIDI CC possibly? Is there another way?

I know those are rather advanced features, I'll be glad if I manage to
write a proof of concept frontend during the next few weeks, but it
would still be interesting to know what would be possible.

"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan
This email is sponsored by Sprint
Visit --
Ecasound-list mailing list