Re: [ecasound] Why does liboil default to NO?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 11 2010 - 12:14:06 EEST

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Philipp wrote:

> The dev/packager of my distro who took on improving the ecasound package
> noticed that liboil defaults to NO. I offered to play relay.
> So: why does ecasound default to liboil = NO?
> Is it sensible to enable it?

yes, it's sensible to enable it. The reason why it's still by default
disabled is that it's a fairly new feature (added to 2.7.0) and I wanted
to get more testing'n'feedback before setting it as default.

But it's almost a year since 2.7.0 and no issues found, so I think
it's safe to say liboil is ready for wider use (-> to make it

PS I just pushed acommit for this to the master git tree, so
    liboil will be used by default in the next (2.7.2) release...

This email is sponsored by Sprint
Visit --
Ecasound-list mailing list