[ecasound] ecasound and lua?

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 08 2010 - 16:47:06 EEST

I was wondering whether someone has experience with a combination of
ecasound and lua.

The idea is to write something like a simple DAW with ecasound as
backend, some widget toolkit as frontend and lua as glue in between.

The reasons for this are manyfold.
I want something reliable that has the features I need for my own
simple recording purposes. I also want to learn lua, a language which
has a strange appeal to me. And I want to learn how to do UI
programming, there are so many bad examples out there, there has to be a
way to do it right.

As you can guess from the heavy use of the word 'learn' I'm not really
experienced when it comes to programming, I learned some java
programming in school and had a little look at a number of languages,
but I'm pretty much a beginner.

What I'm looking for are hints on where to start,

"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan