Re: [ecasound] creating real-time output mp3

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 19:47:05 EEST

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:16:21AM +0100, zonyi besk wrote:
> > Making a lot test with ecasound it seems that if i set the duration time
> > 1 sec the output mp3 file will be always overwriting instead of joining
> with
> > the new one.
> >
> I could avoid breaking the sound to 1 sec pieces as can be streamed like
> that:
> cat foo.mp3 | pv -L 128000 | ecasound -i:stdin -o stdout > out.mp3

I don't know what 'pv' does. However what you're proposing
looks possibly equivalent to this (not including effects).

    ecasound -i:foo.mp3 -o:out.mp3

However, say you want to mute the volume at a position of

If you know in advance your plan for modulating effect
parameters, you can use the -klg linear envelope.

For manual control, I don't see how you can find a position
with this setup (for example 10s from the start) without
having a soundcard in the signal chain.

> I'm wondering if this command can be add on daemon interactive mode via port
> 2868, for this what ia commands needed.
> Because the volume/equalizer/pitch change is made dynamically during the
> playing on daemon mode.

You can do most anything via daemon mode.
Not sure about details of the STDIN/STDOUT stuff,
but it looks like you may not need it.

Will post you example *Perl* code for NETECI I/O with Ecasound
if you like.

Good luck,

> Thanks,
> Regards,