[ecasound] New idea: Storing temporary files in a directory of choice

From: Klaus Schulz <kls.schlz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 08:37:01 EET

Pushed the wrong button in earlier mail. Mail was not ready.

Hi Kai.

Sox provides a nice feature that I can set a parameter -temp at startup

All temporary files generated by the program will be stored in a directory
of choice.

This way I can handle all activities e.g. in /dev/shm on a tmpfs.

I won't have any disk access during operation.

(The same should be possible for base config files)

All this allows a 100% user controllable and easy configurable environment.

Would be nice if you would think about it as a new feature.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Klaus Schulz <kls.schlz@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Hi Kai.
> I brought that up some time ago.
> Sox provides a nice feature that I can set

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval