Re: [ecasound] Chain operator bypass, or other solutions

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 00:13:32 EEST

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Joel Roth wrote:

> Ardour was designed from the ground up to enable bypass.
> I believe Paul Davis considered and rejected using Ecasound
> as the audio processing engine for Ardour because of some
> of these issues.

just as a small correction -- I'm pretty sure Paul never considered
Ecasound code for Ardour. The two were developed basicly at the same time
and Paul had a fairly big codebase already from Quasimodo and Softwerk.
And most importantly, the design goals were quite different .. Ardour
targetted for full DAW functionality from the start, while Ecasound had a
much more narrow scope.

Crystal Reports now.
Ecasound-list mailing list