[ecasound] Getting back parameters from ecasound in the Ecasound Control Interface

From: peter clarke <peterslistening@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 22 2009 - 19:16:14 EEST

Is there any way to get back the results of audio analysis
calculations from ecasound when using the 'ecasound control

Specifically, I'm trying to normalize some audio files within a Python
program. The only way I can find is this inelegant multistep
1. run ecasound -ev as an OS command within the program, capture the
output, and use grep to extract the line containing the calculated
normalization parameter.
2. run ecasound -ea, again as an OS command (for convenience).

Seems cumbersome, and also risky in that the program would not work if
the output of ecasound changed and grep could not find the required

Of course I can add the -ev operator to the chain using cop-add, but
then I don't know how to get back the calculated normalization

Peter Clarke

Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
Ecasound-list mailing list