Re: [ecasound] AAC batch conversion with Ecasound?

From: Avuton Olrich <avuton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 15 2009 - 16:54:34 EEST

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:14 AM, Xavier G<j@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi, we have ecasound installed on our file server with 1 T of mp3 files.
> We need to convert all our mp3 files (mostely 100 Mo mp3 files) in AAC
> 96kbps.
> Is there a way to do it in batch with ecasound?
> If not does anybody have a alternate solution?
> Thanks a lot for your help.

As long as you realize that changing from one lossy format to another
will create generation loss[1] and possible significant degradation of
sound, you're probably best off making a line to decode with mpg123
and piping the output to faac, ecasound can probably do it with some
overhead with some -i:<in> -o:<out> arguments. You should not do this
if you're going to either redistribute or archive these AAC files.

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
those of the US secret service.
details at:
Ecasound-list mailing list