Re: [ecasound] Transport information in text mode

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 12:38:12 EEST

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:18:53AM +0200, laurent schwartz wrote:
> Hello Joel,
> i've found another ubuntu package needed:
> sudo apt-get install ladspa-sdk
> when i start nama, it asks me some question for configuration purpose:
> Aloha. Welcome to Nama and Ecasound.
> Configuration file /home/laurent/.namarc not found.
> May I create it for you? [yes]
> Nama places all sound and control files under the
> project root directory, by default /home/laurent/nama.
> Would you like to create /home/laurent/nama? [yes]
> mkdir /untitled: Permission non accordée at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Audio/Ecasound/ line 745

Actually I answered this in my previous mail. You can fix this with:

        mkdir -p nama/untitled/.wav

This has been fixed in the git repository and in a new
version (0.9974) that I just uploaded to CPAN.

> Do you have a .namarc example in order to setup my nama environment ?

You will get one for free if you run nama after issuing the
above command.

You should also edit .namarc, change the line that begins,
execute_on_project_load to:

execute_on_project_load: show
> The nama software requires distribution packages and perl modules.
> Can you create distribution packages that do the job of installing the
> distribution prerequisites and compiling perl modules (debian and rpm
> packages) or at least an install script that check dependencies ?
> It should help your software to be widely tested.

Thanks for this suggestion. Version 0.9974 should at least
install all the perl dependencies. I agree it may be useful
to go ahead and build a debian package so that I pull in the
non-perl dependencies as well.

I would be pleased to have Nama get wider usage and testing.
You have the mixed fortune of being an early adopter.

> Kindest Regards,
> Laurent

Joel Roth
Go to: