Re: [ecasound] Mixing operator

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 00:11:03 EEST

Hello all,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:

> I'm fine with some of the remaining ones too (chorder, charrange, chmux,
> chselect). The -chmatrix implies something else, a generic MxN mixing
> matrix. The -chtransform might indeed be too scary and vague.

nmm, you coined 'chselect' in your original mail and Julien liked it as
well, so maybe we should just go with that. I now pushed the initial
implementation (as chselect) to git and also made a snapshot tarball:

Let me know how/if it works for you. We can still change the name, but
let's at least start with chselect. :)

> -chmap (map of input channels to output channels, except specified in
> reverse direction)

I kind of like this as well. Mapping is general enough and fairly

> -chpick (picks the input channels to use for output)

And this as well -- chpick is really close to chselect (both seem
fairly intuitive).

> -chshuffle (like in an SSE instruction shufps)

We could reserve this for "randomize chain channels" operator. :)

Ecasound-list mailing list