[ecasound] Recording and monitoring

From: Pierre Lorenzon <devel@email-addr-hidden-nageoire.net>
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 21:50:31 EET

Hi All,

Sorry if this question was already answered many times on the
list and simply tell me where is a good hint if necessary.

I would like to monitor what I am recording with
ecasound. Hence I used following command :

ecasound -c -a:1,2 -i alsa \
         -a:1 -o alsa -a:2 -o file.wav

But it doesn't work : the sound "splits".

I suspect that I should use to separate alsa devices to record
and monitor but I do not see how to proceed.

I think that it worked in the past with oss but oss is no
longer installed on my system.