[ecasound] Bug saving to mp3

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 09:58:13 EET

I've compiled ecasound 2.5.2 and i'm running this simple test:

ecasound -i my_file.wav -o my_file2.wav

That went fine. Same for other output formats, like flac or aiff. But when
the turn comes to mp3, I get the output:

- [ Engine init - Driver start ]
(eca-engine) Request start
(audioio-mp3) Starting to encode my_file2.mp3 with lame.
(audioio-forked-stream) Fork child-for-write: 'lame -b 128 -s 44.10 -x -S -
(eca-engine) starting engine operation!
(audioio-mp3) Attempt to write after child process has terminated.
(eca-engine) output error - stop
(eca-engine) stopping engine operation!
(eca-engine) Signaling stop
(eca-engine) Signaling exit
(eca-engine) WARNING: An output object has raised an error! Possible causes:
... of disk space, permission denied, unable to launch external applications
needed in
... processing, etc.
(eca-engine) Engine state when finishing: 4
(eca-control-base) Engine thread 14475 will exit.

I tried some 2.4.x versions of ecasound with the same result. My lame
version is 3.98.2.

Any ideas?

Best regards