Re: [ecasound] audio drop outs with cop-set

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 01:58:47 EEST

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Oliver Oli wrote:

> I just did some tests over the neteci interface (running ecasound in
> --daemon mode). I'm still getting dropouts, but now I can watch the
> messages from ecasound. At every single dropout ecasound prints:
> (eca-engine) Using realtime-scheduling (SCHED_FIFO:50).

aa, ok, this might be related to the other thread about "ctrl-select".

Anyways, this means that you've run some interactive mode command that is
not real-time safe (not listed in ecasound-iam(5) as one of 'Real-time
commands'). Ecasound does execute it, but it will first pause the engine,
execute the command, and then restart the engine. This will cause audible
side-effects I'm afraid.