Re: [ecasound] JACK port naming [patch]

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 10:17:21 EEST

   Kai: About jack_physical. For once: that's a mouthful, although very
self-explanatory. But can't you simply "re-implement' jack_alsa a little. I
hop, that the JACK team did something consistent here, but in all newer
Jack-versions you have access to ALSA (and probably others) by
system:capture_* system:playback_*.
   Thus the naming would be incorrect for OS X and others, but it would do its
bidding, if asked to.
   Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide