Re: [ecasound] JACK port naming

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 11:00:49 EEST

   Dominic, if you write a patch, then do it on a little more general basis.
Allow ports to have freely choosable names.
   But I think about the port names starting at one and then just going up has
a good reason: Who knows what the chosen client-names will be. It was nice to
name them foo and bar and whatever. But someone could do it like: foo, bar,
foo, whatever, bar... Some additional checking would be required. More
information would have to be stored: How many ports did I give away for this
client already?
   Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide