Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.5.2 - strange effect of '-ea:amplify-100 -ev'

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 23:13:58 EEST

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> Oh, boy ...
> It's a bug in command line parser - the latter should have told me that it
> doesn't like the 'amplify' word.
> With '-ea:100 -ev' it works OK.

yes. If you provide non-numerical args, they will be interpreted as zero.
The code should detect these cases and emit a warning/error. We've been
tracking this issue with 'edi-34' development item - 'Better checks for
parsing operator arguments.', submitted originally by Janne Halttunen on
28.10.2002. See

And I agree it sucks that six years later this still hasn't been fixed.