Re: [ecasound] adding several seconds of silence at the end - is it possible ?

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 21:11:21 EEST

--- On Thu, 8/21/08, Julien Claassen <> wrote:

> From: Julien Claassen <>
> Subject: Re: [ecasound] adding several seconds of silence at the end - is it possible ?
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
> Cc: ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden
> Date: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 1:07 AM
> Hello Sergei!
> It is possible. Adding silence. I don't 100% know if
> this does it (but
> there's a second solution down there):
> length of input is 10s
> ecasound -i input -o output -t:15.000 [ladspa_plugin]
> -t controls how long ecasound is running, if the -t value
> is longer than the
> length of your file in seconds, there will be silence
> afterwards. If this
> works at all, add the -t before your ladspa_plugin.
> Second solution:
> ecasound -i input -o output_file -t:15
> ecasound output_file -o output [ladspa_plugin]
> This I used myself while processing files.
> Kindest regards
> Hi
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======

Hi Julien,

somehow missed your answer, but later found it - thanks.

I guess I'd rather go with your first suggestion, this is because I
need that silence not only on output file, but while also listening
in real time.

Invoking ecasound for the second time, as your second solution requires,
will introduce a pause, and the pause is not good for real time listening.

The first solution is not very convenient because I need to know audio
length of every file I play.

Luckily, I have just discovered

metaflac --show-total-samples INPUT.flac

, so I'll try to automate play time calculation based on the above.

Thanks again,