Re: [ecasound] beginner's question

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 15:24:34 EEST

Why take this twisted route after all?
   There are the ecasound -chmix, -chmove, -chcopy options.
ecasound -i:jack_auto,Cog -o jack_alsa -chcopy:1,2 -epp:100
or even simpler:
ecasound -i:jack_auto,Cog -o jack_alsa -chmix:2
   The first copies the output from channel 1 (left0 to channel2 (right) and
then uses internal panning effect (epp) to pan it to hard right (0=left,
50=center, 100=right).
   The second form just takes all input in mixes it to channel 2 (if this
really gives the desired effect, I don't know, but strongly suspect). The
third form would be:
ecasound -i:jack_auto,Cog -o jack_alsa -chmove:1,2
   Move channel1 to channel2, this implies, that channel one audio stops
playing there and is really MOVED to channel2.
   Hope that helps!
   Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide