Re: [ecasound] 2.5.0 crashing X

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 00:30:40 EEST

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Oliver Oli wrote:

> i think i crashed it once with
> ecasound dave48.wav -o:alsa,hw:0,0

hmm, ok, this is very valuable info. I now created a new snapshot that
hopefully fixes this issue (and if not, at least provides a lot more hints
of what could be going wrong). If possible, please use '-dd' when creating

Snapshot is at:

> i have attached a logfile from the crashed session
> ecasound dave48.wav -i:tap_tremolo,50,50 -o:alsa,hw:0,0 2> eca.crash

... I think there are two bugs triggered. First the "crashing X" bug,
which I'm pretty sure is linked to signal handling. Then the glibc memory
corruption warning comes from the "" LADSPA plugin (it'd be great
if someone could prove me wrong, e.g. by removing temporarily and
running the test again -- my glibc doesn't issue any warnings even if is installed but valgrind does report about it).