Re: [ecasound] 2.5.0 crashing X

From: Oliver Oli <oliver.oli+0815@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 22:50:15 EEST

i had some forked ogg123 processes still running in the background.
but that crash happens with wav playback, too. i also used a ladspa
plugin. i'm not on linux now, but i think it was something like:

ecasound -i dave48.wav -eli:1234,5 -o jack_auto (but same with alsa)

really simple. it could be that the ladspa plugins where 1 channel
only, but i think it didn't make any difference if 2 or 1 channel
ladspa.

it crashed with some glibc memory error. i have to copy and paste it,
the next time i use linux. for me it looks like a bug in ecasound that
triggered another bug (in glibc?). but honestly i don't know nothing
about that stuff :-)

the installed glibc is 2.3.6 on 64bit