Re: [ecasound] 2.5.0 crashing X

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 22:08:38 EEST

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Oliver Oli wrote:

> anyone experienced ecasound 2.5.0 crashing the X server? Happened to
> me several times when stopping ecasound with CTRL-C. with or without

yikes! What kind of chainsetups? Did you use mp3s or oggs?

There was indeed a small change in the ctrl-c handling (to fix thread
cleanup with some recent glibc versions such as 2.3.6.ds1-13etch5 shipped
on debian), and this could have some unintended collateral damage. But
crashing X is pretty bad..

Other possible cause would be forked child processes and their cleanup
(which was changed for 2.5.0), but then the bug should not occur unless
you are using mp3/ogg/mikmod/mids.

If others are seeing this as well, reports are welcome (and tips about the
chainsetup that were used). I'll try to reproduce this myself...