Re: [ecasound] ecasound- tries to open wrong LADSPA plugins files and hangs

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 16 2008 - 12:51:39 EEST

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> Well, audacity somehow knows the extension, and it works under Linux,
> Mac, Windows.

but audacity is a GUI app. Ecasound can be (and has been) used in various
embedded uses, for instance under RTOSes. So a different ball game

> There can be a compromise - for the three above systems ecasound uses
> filtering, i.e. it looks for DLLs with known extension, for other systems
> it just tries to open.

But all this (more code) for very little benefit? How about if I just
modify ecasound to skip pipes and directories? That should be sufficient
to fix your problem.