Re: [ecasound] ecasound- audioloop doesn't work ?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 20:53:36 EEST

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> I tried to play the same file over and over again, using this command:
> ~/AFSWD/install/ecasound- -D -i:audioloop,input.wav -o alsa doesn't support 'audioloop' (it was first added to 2.5.0pre1), so
that shouldn't work at all.

A bit weirdly, ecasound interprets "audioloop,input.wav" as "loop,1". The
logic is that if no audio object can be created from the '-i' arguments,
ecasound will try to see if it's a loop device. Unfortunately it only
checks whether first argument contains substring "loop" (sorry, lazy
coding from me), so the end result is very confusing...