Re: [ecasound] converting a sound rmf file to wav or ewf

From: Raoul <rmgls@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 20:01:37 EEST

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:34:50 +0200 Julien Claassen <> wrote

> Hello!
> First: .ewf is just a wraper around some other audio format. More like a
> configuration file.
> I've looked up rmf. Didn't see something under linux to convert .rmf to .mid
> and .wav or so.
> Suggestion: If you have the beatnik software run a windows emultation or
> real windows and export your files to .mid and .wav or whatever beatnik
> offers. I've heard that .rmf is just a combination format, like a session.
> NOTE: I've read they've got "a lightweight 40-bit encryption", so this is
> possibly another reason for not finding linux-software for it.

Hi, JHulien,

Thanks for your info.
i installed the demo beatnik version, at this time,
but this demo editor is locked.
without licensing it does not work at all.
Not sure if it can save a wav file from an rmf.
it does encode an rmf file but the contrary???

Anyway, mplayer can read rmf files, and i will rerecord the file
in another format, of course with performances losts, but ig doesn't matter!

    Kindest regards