Re: [ecasound] converting a sound rmf file to wav or ewf

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 10:34:50 EEST

   First: .ewf is just a wraper around some other audio format. More like a
configuration file.
   I've looked up rmf. Didn't see something under linux to convert .rmf to .mid
and .wav or so.
   Suggestion: If you have the beatnik software run a windows emultation or
real windows and export your files to .mid and .wav or whatever beatnik
offers. I've heard that .rmf is just a combination format, like a session.
   NOTE: I've read they've got "a lightweight 40-bit encryption", so this is
possibly another reason for not finding linux-software for it.
   Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide