Re: [ecasound] preparing for release: 2.4.7pre1_2.5.0

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 09:27:39 EEST

   I ask myself, Kai, why should your examples worry you? Isn't that what's to
be expected?
   If I have my recordings with (say 120 BPM) and always two measures silence
at the beginning, I need some time to turn to my keyboards and then do:
ecasound -i file.wav -y:0 -o jack_alsa
   I get 4sec silence, because two measure in 120 BPM are 4 secs.
   If I do:
ecasound -i file.wav -y:4.0 -o jack_ALSA
   Of course audio starts immediately.
   The playat feautre, as I understood, does nothing but move audio starting
onward the specified number of seconds. So a drectly starting audio could be
convinced to be my kind of recording (4sec silence) with:
ecasound -i playat,4,your_file.wav -o jack_alsa
   And for good measure always include -G:jack,eca,notransport, so the lines
really do what I said.
   I would wonder if:
ecasound -i playat,4,your_file.wav -o alsa -y:4
   would not start audio playing at 8secs. Beyond that...
   Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide

Sponsored by: Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
and boredom. Vote Now at
Ecasound-list mailing list