Re: [ecasound] preparing for release: 2.4.7pre1_2.5.0

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 15:40:27 EEST

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Linux Media wrote:

> Linux Media wrote:
>> the '-y' doesn't seem to work. I have tried it in every way I could
>> think of... before '-t'... after '-t'... by itself...
> Ok, I played around with '-y' some more. It works with every combination
> *except* for 'jack_alsa'.

as Julien pointed out, this most probably is related to transport control.
Can you verify that '-y' works if you specify

So '-y:' basicly just sets the initial position for the object. If
something else changes the position (JACK transport control, user with
cs-setpos or similar), then the initial value is lost.

Also I wonder if it was a good idea in the end to enable JACK transport
support by default in ecasound. This seems to cause a lot of confusion.

Sponsored by: Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
and boredom. Vote Now at
Ecasound-list mailing list