Re: [ecasound] Lossless/gapless recording file changing

From: Andrew Lees <andrewl.oz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 20:05:32 EEST

Ok so this isn't elegant, but something like the following run a couple
of seconds before midnight might do what you need:

previous=`pidof ecasound` # or some other way to get your pid
ecasound args.... &
sleep 4
kill $previous

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 09:31 -0700, Avuton Olrich wrote:

> Hello,
> This has been spoken about before, and it was said to maybe make an
> appearance in a later ecasound. I have 24/7 recording (raw file) using
> ecasound, usually I stop a recording and start a new recording at
> midnight. This causes a 3-4 second gap, I know it's a very minor
> detail so don't flame me too hard, but is it possible, or is it being
> worked on to be able to do this file change in ecasound and eliminate
> the gap caused by starting a new ecasound instance?
> Thanks,

Sponsored by: Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
and boredom. Vote Now at

Ecasound-list mailing list