Re: [ecasound] Compiling Ecasound with gcc 4.3

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 01:40:41 EEST

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Jason White wrote:

> Before the next release, would it be possible to add the necessary #include
> headers to compile Ecasound with gcc 4.3?

yes, a very good idea. I just tested the codebase (the git tree at [1]) with
gcc 4.3.1 and after a few more fixes (mostly related to warnings), the
build now goes through fine.

> I just tried building on a Fedora 9 system and it failed for that reason.

Assuming Fedora 9 doesn't contain any funny gcc patches, it should now be

> For those of us who are running Debian, these changes have already been
> included in the package; they just need to propagate upstream before the next
> release.

Yes, I've been getting a steady stream of patches from Debian and those
are now all merged.

Check out the new Marketplace.
just about anything Open Source.
Ecasound-list mailing list