Re: [ecasound] Erratic behavior on jump via ECI with transport rolling

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 11:11:10 EEST

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:27:53PM +0900, Joel Roth wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> For a while I have noticed that when I move the playback
> head with IAM forward/rewind/setpos via ECI
> (Audio::Ecasound), I encounter delays of two to ten seconds
> or longer, depending on how complicated the chain setup is.
> Delays are noticeable even with simple setups having no loop
> devices.

Writing to the list was, apparently, all I needed to
resolve (if not solve) the problem.

I can guess that there was something wrong with
the way I was adding operators after loading the
chain setup.

Thanks to all.

Joel Roth
This email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Use priority code J8TL2D2.;198757673;13503038;p?
Ecasound-list mailing list