Re: [ecasound] features in upcoming 2.5.0 release

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 10:01:24 EET

Hello Kai!
   This is great! I'm going to get it right now! You said, that there will be
more ops. I'd have an idea. I don't know how to call it though.
   What it should do:
take a file and loop it. Restart the loop after x seconds, but still play the
rest of the file or y additional seconds. So I could give:
ecasound -i audio_release_loop,4,2,infile.wav -o jack_alsa
   This would restart the loop every 4 seconds, but continue playing upto
second 6.
   Why this would be useful to me: Some loops already come with reverbaration
or instruments have longer releases. Thus I can still loop it correctly (the
rhythm doesn't get broken) and I also still have no sound-damage at the end.
So noone can hear that it is a loop.
   Just an idea...
   Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide