Re: [ecasound] cs-option -B:*

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 19:52:03 EET

don't ask how/why I decided to handle this now :) (after 5 years), but
nevertheless, read on...

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Jan Weil wrote:
> The question remains: If I set the buffering mode explicitly (using
> cs-option) why isn't the status of the chainsetup affected immediately?

Yes, this indeed was a bug. If you explicitly set a buffering mode (e.g.
'cs-option -B:rt'), but did not connect the chainsetup (which would cause
ecasound to calculate the final buffering params), the output of
"cs-status" was essentially stale.

I now fixed this in the development git tree, and the bugfix will be
part of 2.4.7. Thanks for the bugreport! :)

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by: Microsoft