Re: [ecasound] ctrl-select, ecasound-iam

From: sara lidgey <slidgey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 19 2007 - 18:47:13 EEST

Hi Stuart,

I upgraded to v2.4.6.1 and now I get a completely different error:

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='c-select pink1' last_error='' cmd_cnt=50 last_cnt=49.

* Message from libecasoundc:
* Connection to the processing engine was lost. Check that ecasound
* is correctly installed. Also make sure that ecasound is either
* in some directory listed in PATH, or the environment variable
* 'ECASOUND' contains the path to a working ecasound executable.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks so much!

Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden> wrote: Hi Sara,

This is almost certainly due to bugs I put in the ctrl-select and
ctrlp-select functions when I first wrote that code :(

I sent a fix to Kai that made it into 2.4.5 so an upgrade to that
version or later should fix it.

Sorry about that.