Re: [ecasound] ecasound+jack silent stop, silent data loss

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 13:27:39 EEST

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Paul Knowles wrote:

> I have made one change: using using `-i:alsahw,0' instead
> of '-i:jack_alsa' and it is getting data. First indications
> (1 hour of data) is that there have not been dropouts.
> However, I can ask for -t:9900 but not -t:10000 for
> recording times. With times above 10^4, in this
> configuration, ecasound quits with:
> (audioio_alsa) Using interleaved stream format.
> ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-ALSA: Audio
> ... format not supported."

hmm, I've today tried to reproduce this problem on my machines, but
without success. The problem sounds like a parsing bug, because otherwise
the processing length has no relation to ALSA parameters.

It's been a long time since you reported this issue, but if it's still a
problem (or someone else has noted the same issue), I'd welcome tips on
how to reproduce this.

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by DB2 Express