Re: [ecasound] plea for a feature

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 10:49:32 EEST

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I wondered, would it be manageable to have simple variables in ecasound. I
> mean something like a shell variable, which simply gets replaced by some text,
> no type info and anything.

in principle this sounds good, but least I simply don't have the time to
add any major new features to ecasound currently. I'm now focusing
whatever time and energy I have to bugfixing and improving the engine
core. But if someone else has time... :)

Also this would again fit nicely to the superecasound concept, i.e.
rewriting the 'ecasound' utility with a language like python
(ecasound/ecasound/*.{cpp,h} is under 2.3KLOC so it's not a big module).
Then adding all kinds of extensions to the console UI would be super

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by DB2 Express